Here are my selections from comixology’s free offerings for NCBD.
- James Tynion IV & Michael Dialynas: The Woods #1
- Grace Ellis, Noelle Stevenson, & Brooke A. Allen: Lumberjanes #1
- Collin Kelly, Jack Lanzing, Alyssa Milano, Ian Herring, & Marcus To: Hacktivist #1
- James Asmus, Fred Van Lente, & Kano: The Delinquents #1
- Jason Aaron & Jason Latour: Southern Bastards #1
I’ve heard of Lumberjanes, Hacktivist, And The Delinquents, but that’s about it. The Woods is my kind of story; it smells like The 4400. As for Southern Bastards, some weeks ago I started writing a story and one of the main characters is from the South, then I was in the mood to watch Skeleton Key, then I found omgcheckplease (whose main character is from the South), and then two or three other things happened recently that were related to the South, so I figured I’ll just go with the flow. We’ll see how it goes.
I don’t know how long I’ve had a Comixology account (since they started, maybe), but today is the first time I purchased anything. Only because the books were free. They’re running a pay-for-the-privilege model, but since June or July they’ve had a DRM-free (downloadable backups) library and have continued to add more publishers, and in turn, more titles to it. Since that’s more my style and I’ve been making an effort not to neglect my non-BL manga library and my US/UK comics, this probably won’t be my last purchase.
Their full list of NCBD offerings can be found HERE.